Welcome to Sydney Boys High School Fencing!
Please check the Blog tab for up to date news and information relating to the SBHS Fencing program.
Please also note the significant changes happening this year with inter-school competitions by visiting the School Competitions tab.
Fencing was first introduced to Sydney Boys High School in 1992. In that time, we have grown into a robust and successful sport that has held at some time every State and National schoolboy title in the regular season of school competitions.
Sydney Boys High School is currently the only public school in Australia to offer training in all three weapons: Foil, Sabre and Epee. We are proud of our achievements as a co-curricular school program despite the limited budget and resources of a public school. Our success as a co-curricular program is due to having a generous and incredibly supportive network of coaches, staff, parents, Old Boys and students who volunteer and contribute their time and effort to help us grow the sport at High.
Sydney Boys High Fencing seeks to provide a quality program for our boys that caters for our elite fencers as well as boys who simply enjoy participating in the sport.
Objectives of the SBHS Fencing program
- To provide quality coaches who specialise in their respective weapons.
- To deliver a robust fencing curriculum that caters for beginners, novices and elite fencers.
- To be self-sustainable in terms of equipment and armoury.
- To hold the National School Team Championship title in all three weapons.
- To teach our boys to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
- To promote a culture of sportsmanship, fair play, camaraderie, school community, and High Spirit.
- To have fun.
We look forward to an enjoyable and rewarding season with you!