Upon joining the SBHS Fencing program, students will be expected to pay the following fees:
• $230 (TBC – based on student numbers) school sport co-payment to be made to the front office before the end of Term 2. This payment helps to cover coaching costs, equipment/armoury maintenance and school competition entry fees.
• $40 NSWFA Junior Registered membership fee. This is to be made to the NSW Fencing Association to become a registered fencer in NSW in order to compete in school competitions. This MUST be paid online before the competition season starts (start of term 2) and is on a yearly membership basis.
You can follow this link to register and pay for the membership online:
Please select the ‘JUNIOR REGISTERED’ category when prompted to do so.
Additional uniform costs:
- $25 for a personal fencing glove. New fencers will be able to try on and purchase a glove at the first fencing training session in Term 2 to determine correct fit.
- SBHS tracksuit jacket and pants to be purchased from the High Store – to be worn at competitions for medal ceremonies and to identify you as a High fencer.
Year 8 onwards:
- $55 uniform fencing shirt to be purchased from the High Store – to be worn at competitions to identify you as a High fencer.
- Your own fencing mask, underplastron, breeches and jacket (see Personal Fencing Gear for more information)
- 1 knee length SBHS ‘soccer’ (sky blue with two brown stripes on top) sock to be purchased from the High Store – to be worn at competitions to identify you as a High fencer.