- All fencers must wear appropriate SBHS sport uniform to all school competitions to be easily identified and show pride in representing our school.
- Year 8 fencers (Under 13 in foil or sabre) who do not own breeches may wear the SBHS tracksuit pants when competing. All other fencers must wear fencing breaches.
- All fencers may wear 1 knee length SBHS soccer sock on their back leg when fencing (sky blue sock with 2 brown strips on top) at all school competitions. This is to help identify SBHS students when they are fencing.
- First Grade squad members will each be awarded an SBHS rugby sock (sky blue with large brown stripes) at the Winter Sports Assembly for the year. They may wear this sock instead of the soccer sock to distinguish their achievement as a First Grade fencer.
- All fencers must wear the SBHS tracksuit jacket for medal presentations at a competition.
- All mentors MUST wear an SBHS tracksuit jacket to competitions so that other SBHS fencers and staff are able to identify you easily in case they need to ask for assistance.
- If you are refereeing, you may elect to wear mufti to the competition as you must remain neutral in your role as a referee during the competition.